Prior to attending a Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI) assessment, you must have attended an RCI training course or have gained exemption from Mountain Training. You must have met the minimum criteria for lead climbs, assisted group sessions and hold a valid 16hr first air certificate.
- Attended a training course or have gained exemption from MTE or other home nation board.
- Completed 20 supervising sessions (as assistant or supervisor), with as much variety as possible. These should NOT be all at the same venue, and cannot all be in an indoor wall, or on an artificial structure or high ropes course, etc.
- Personally led AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 40 pitches (MTE recommends at least 60 pitches) of up to severe grade climbs, using leader placed protection, in a variety of different areas & on varied rock types.
- Proficiency in the use of climbing walls.
- A valid First Aid certificate (minimum of 16 hours and assessed).
- An up to date logbook on the Dlog Candidate Management System (CMS).
- Please ensure you have a reference from a suitably qualified person on your Dlog, and it is useful to scan and upload your First Aid Cert too (see the CV section of Dlog).