BSR Rock Climbing Qualification
Part 2 of of the British Stunt Register Rock Climbing Award is a 1 day assessment where the candidate will be assessed on their 'trad' lead climbing ability at VS4c standard on a minimum of 2 multi-pitch routes. Along with personal climbing ability, technical rope skills and competence will be assessed to ensure that the candidate will be a credit to the stunt community.
Prior to booking an assessment the candidate must have completed the following pre-requisites and entered the information in their Mountain Training Dlog.
You MUST have:
- Be a qualified Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI) registered and assessed through the Mountain Training system.
- Led a minimum of 15 multi-pitch climbs at VS 4c (Very Severe) grade.
- The climbs must be described as ‘multi-pitch’ in the guidebook.
- All climbs must be logged on the MT Dlog and clearly show that you led them (photographic evidence of this is advised and can be saved on the Dlog).
- All climbs must be on traditionally placed protection (not sport climbing).
- Climbs must be no less than 2 Pitches and 30m in height.
- The climbs must also be on 3 different rock types
- The climbs must be at a minimum of 3 different UK locations.
Please note that 15 climbs are the absolute minimum and most successful candidates will have far more climbing experience than this.